ISTQB foundation covers the fundamentals of software testing, which gives trainees the necessary information to pursue a career as software testing professional. This is an intensive instructor led program which includes fundamentals of manual testing, exam preparation and practical exercises to get a better understanding.
- To prepare candidates for the ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing based on the ISTQB syllabus
- To improve understanding of software testing - its purpose and nature - and to raise awareness of issues and constraints around testing
- To provide a professional qualification widely recognized by employers, customers and peers
- To introduce test techniques (static, white box and black box) to delegates as well as providing practical experience of some key techniques
- To learn standard terminology
- 4 days intensive training over the Weekends/Weekdays
- In-class instructor led
- 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Theory & Practical Exercises
The fundamentals of testing
- What is testing & software testing ?
- Why is testing necessary ?
- How much testing is enough ?
- Static testing Vs Dynamic testing
- What is bug & bug life cycle ?
- Seven principles of testing
- Fundamental test process
- Independence testing
- The Psychology of Testing
Testing throughout the test life cycle
- Software developmental life cycle(SDLC)
- Software developement model
- Maintenance testing
- Software testing Levels
- Verification Vs Validation
- Integration testing
- Component Integration & System Integration
- System testing
- Acceptance testing
- Functional, non-functional testing
- Performance testing
- Regression Vs retesting
- Structural testing
- Maintanence testing
Static test techniques
- What is static test techniques ?
- Technical reviews
- Static analysis
Test design techniques
- Dynamic test design techniques
- Black box Vs white box testing
- Equivalence partitioning (EP)
- Boundary value analysis (BVA)
- Decision tables
- State transition
- Experience based testing
- Statement coverage
- Branch/decision coverage
- Path coverage
- Use case testing
- Roles & Responsibilities of test lead & tester
- Test organisation
- Test planning
- Test estimation, monitoring and control
- Configuration management
- Incident management
- Risk management
- Product risk Vs project risk
Tools support for testing
- What is the use of tools in testing?
- Types of tools
- How to select & implement the tool for organization/project ?